Skip to main content
- University-paid travel will recommence on May 16, 2021. Travel for sponsored research will no longer require exception memos from the relevant Dean.
- UNM will continue follow CDC guidance on intrastate and international travel.
- We will not reopen the Travel Portal. Supervisors will be responsible for approving travel and employees with questions may continue to contact the COVID Call Center for advice.
- Everyone must follow the Centers for Disease Control recommendations and U.S. State Department guidelines regarding international travelers self-quarantining before returning to campus.
- The following recommendations are provided for travel by road vehicle
- Travel in personal cars should be limited to only two occupants within the vehicle and ventilation should be provided at all times, unless riders are fully vaccinated.
- Travel within larger shared vehicles (e.g. passenger vans) should provide ventilation and 6-foot social distancing, unless all riders are fully vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated occupants should continue to wear masks at all times and avoid consuming food and beverage while in the vehicle.
- Note that HSC research will follow the HSC clinical guidelines for travel.