Campus visitors who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should not come to any UNM campus
Restricted Access hours for the University of New Mexico Albuquerque Campus
For the safety of the UNM campus community and residents of the communities surrounding UNM, the UNM Albuquerque campus, excluding UNM Hospitals facilities, will be open only to current students, faculty, staff, authorized visitors, and established vendors and contractors between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. Unauthorized camping is not permitted on University grounds.
Types of Visitors
- Student and family tours are currently offered in compliance with established social distancing guidelines and group size mandates. All tours require advanced reservation. We also offer a Virtual Campus Tour through the Admissions Office.
- Members of the general public are permitted on campus between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. or later if necessary to attend an authorized university event.
- Campus dining locations will continue to serve the campus community and visitors on a limited basis. SRC Market in the Student Residence Center and the Mercado in the SUB will be open for Summer 2021. To view current hours, visit food.unm.edu.
- UNM Bookstores are open for UNM students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Please continue to check bookstore.unm.edu for current store hours and to learn more about the safety protocols required for in-person services.
- Family and Friends of students living on campus are welcome but may not enter residence halls.
- Volunteers should complete the alternative screening form each day prior to providing service to UNM. The volunteer should retain each completed form and be prepared to submit the completed forms to their supervisor, if requested. The volunteer should also complete the required mandatory training – Bringing Back the Pack – Return to Work (Spanish option).
- Collaborating Researchers from other entities (Sandia National Laboratories, etc.) are required to complete the alternative screening form* each day prior to arriving at UNM. The Researcher should retain the completed forms and be prepared to submit the completed forms to their lead UNM Collaborator, if requested. The researcher should also complete the required mandatory training – Bringing Back the Pack – Return to Work (Spanish option).
- Interviewees for UNM jobs should follow UNM’s Interview Guidelines for Staff.
- For the sake of these guidelines, Vendors and Contractors are not considered “visitors” and have their own guidelines for compliance at UNM under the University’s COVID operations. See the Vendor and Contractor Business Process page for more information.
*Collaborating Researchers at the HSC Campus must follow the protocols outlined for Vendors and Contractors.
Visitors to each of the University of New Mexico campuses are responsible for following all current public health orders and for taking all steps needed to minimize the possible transmission of COVID-19. The COVID Safe Practices described at Expectations for the Pack apply to visitors; see the State of New Mexico COVID Safe Practices (CSPs) and Public Health Orders.
Campus visitors who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should not come to any UNM campus.
All visitors to UNM campuses:
- who are not fully vaccinated must wear a mask or face covering at all times (unless eating, drinking or swimming),
- must adhere to social distancing and group size mandates as established by the State of New Mexico Department of Health
- must comply with all posted COVID signage.
Visitors to UNM Clinical Facilities
UNM recognizes its obligations under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) and the UNM Police Department will ensure that those individuals seeking treatment at the UNM Hospitals, including the Emergency Department, Cancer Center and other medical clinics are not interfered with in that process so they can receive an appropriate medical screening examination, stabilization, and/or treatment, as the case may be. Visitors to UNM Hospital, the Emergency Department, Cancer Center and other medical clinics will need to comply with UNM Hospital and clinic policies relative to visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic.