UNM Policy on Vaccination
Welcome to Fall 2021. We are excited to be returning to in person classes and activities on our campuses. The mandatory indoor mask policy and the UNM Administrative Mandate on Required Vaccinations are are designed to keep you and all Lobos safe and healthy.
Useful links about COVID-19 vaccination, safety, exposure, and resources are below:
- INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS CONCERNED ABOUT COVID-19 AND EXPOSURE
- COVID-19 Vaccination is available on UNM Main Campus in the Student Union Building (SUB) Atrium through Thursday, September 30 (except August 30 and 31). The vaccine is free and no appointment is necessary. Vaccination will be available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Vaccination at a variety of other locations may also be scheduled through the New Mexico Department of Health Vaccination site.
- UNM Administrative Mandate on Required Vaccinations requires all UNM faculty, staff and students who access campus facilities, housing, programs, services, and activities to provide documentation of full vaccination for COVID-19 or documentation of a UNM validated limited exemption no later than September 30, 2021.
- Vaccination documents or documentation of validated exemptions should be uploaded to the UNM vaccination verification site. If you have already uploaded documents and they have been validated, there is no need to provide additional information.
- Limited exemptions under the UNM Administrative Mandate on Required Vaccinationsmay be based on disability/serious medical condition, religious considerations, an exemption for enrollment in a UNM Online accelerated online program while residing outside of New Mexico.
- For resources on the UNM Main campus, see http://goweb.unm.edu/studentguide/ and https://students.unm.edu for quick links, including mental health resources, student resource centers, peer tutoring, and support around life challenges.
- Masks are required in all indoor spaces on UNM campuses.
*For additional information please see the FAQ page