Expectations for the Pack
In order to operate on campus more fully, we will have to create a culture of mutual protection – protection of our students, of our staff, of our faculty, and of our New Mexico community. In our classrooms, in our studios, in our labs, in our dormitories, in our retail spaces. The core elements of this culture will be:
- Hygiene – frequent, regular hand-washing; frequent cleaning of spaces
- Distancing – minimizing, but not eliminating, physical proximity; limiting group sizes; creating physical barriers
- Screening – staying home while sick; actively screening every day if it’s ok to come to work or class
- Masks – Always consult our main page for the last information on mask requirements. Please be mindful that even at times when makes are not required or recommended, there are many in our community who may not be comfortable without one. UNM supports mask wearing, and so-called “mask-shaming” of your fellow Lobos will not be tolerated
- Culture – making these behaviors and actions normal social expectations so that I keep you safe, and you keep me safe.
COVID-Safe Practices (CSPs)
- Stay home when experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath) or if you have been exposed to the virus. Follow UNM’s self-reporting requirements.
- Promote and maintain a safe social distance in all work/common areas.
- If you are unvaccinated, wear a cloth face covering or mask when in common and shared areas.
- Wash hands regularly and cover coughs or sneezes with tissue or your arm. Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not possible, but hand washing with soap and water is most effective.
- Take ownership of your work spaces and clean personal and shared surfaces regularly with effective cleaning supplies.
- Reduce the proximity or density of employees who are required to come to campus, especially in open/crowded work areas; all employees who can do their job effectively through telecommuting should continue to do so.
- Work with your supervisor to telecommute if possible, or review available leave if you are unable to telecommute.